Managing the contract renewal process of an applications portfolio means for me that I have to discuss with different portfolio managers from the customer.
The renewal process is done with customer portfolio leads, but the details are obtained from and with each one of the application lead.
Reach this point, there are 2 type of portfolio managers:
First group is composed by people who ask for information to each one of the application leads, organize it and comes back to me to discuss about portfolio budget.
Second group is composed by people who ask me to gather information to each one of the application leads, organize it and comes back to him/her to discuss about portfolio budget.
- Which group is more effective?
- Which group is more efficient?
I’m reading a book that talks about how the jobs we do today will disappear in 20 years or less; how this time is decreasing and how the change speed is increasing.
Some people find this as a terrible news, but I find it as a fantastic news. Nowadays I’m doing my current position for 2 years and I’m desiring to face new challenges.
SAP Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) solutions offer organizations with solutions that address risk management, corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
Key points to have in my mind:
- Understand the impact of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Control the type or nature of the risks and their volumes
- International goods (purchase /sell)
- Enable an approval chart that reply to your organization charts.
- Keep an eye on the approval times: you cannot be competitive approving things in 3 weeks when you were doing in one day in the past.
- Manage information flow in all directions.
Ensure that data is kept secret and private.
- Implement your business strategy through the enablement of actions on GRC.
All these activities remind me some years ago when I worked in a project service for all the governance rules of the company I worked for. They had 101 rules at that moment to govern all the different aspects of the business in a risk controlled way. All these concepts, rules and mechanisms are the same here.