To listen in a effective manner requires skills, practice and concentration about the process of listening.
There are some misconceptions when you are listening,
- Listening comes automatically; wrong, you have to prepare the communications channel.
- Everyone hears the same thing; wrong, you can do a session in an audio and after that makes some questions individually, you will have fun.
- Listening is effortless; uff, it requires so much concentration, specially on audios.
- The act of listening is natural; wrong, it requires skills, practice, method and concentration.
There are different type of listeners:
- Non listener , doesn’t pay attention or make an effort to hear a speaker. S/he would rather do the speaking, and as a result constantly interrupts and tries to have the last word.
- The superficial listener, hears the words but doesn’t comprehend the meaning or the intent. S/he listens only for the very basic meaning, and concentrates on what he wants to say next.
- The logical listener, it’s makes an effort to hear what’s being said but doesn’t make an effort to understand the intent.
- The active listener, S/he listens to the meaning of the words as well as the emotions behind them.