This is the situation, big organization with issues in an office that is located in the other part of the world. The problems started to arise since months but the main office have been ignoring, underestimating, having other priorities…
But the big day came, the situation has exploded and have enough visibility to hide it. It’s time to send someone to fix the issue.
There are thousand of things that can happen, but here is what I have seen so many times.
What is the guy with the authority to decide (the one with the “problem”) going to do?
The situation is,
- It’s a temporal issue, nothing that should take more than 6 months to be fixed. 6 months? it should be fixed in 3 + some trips afterwards to ensure the things are calmed.
- I have a Mid-senior management team between thirty and forty years old, some of them with children, some other with the ambition to stand out, some others accommodated…
- I have really key priority initiatives, and I do not want to lose my key people on this.
- You have team with individuals that you like and dislike.
- This is going to cost me so much, and potentially it can erode my results.
Decision making process of the guy with the issue,
- I will not send the key people I like will stay.
- I cannot send the key people I do not like will stay.
- For non-key people, initially I won’t make any distinction between likes/dislikes.
- I have some people with ambition and willing to relocate to willing to stand out. But this is not a real opportunity for them, in 6 months s/he will come back with more experience and demanding more things.
- I will not send people who is willing to re-locate as they will try to stay more time than required, and me paying the transfer.
- I have some people in the comfortable zone and willing to stay.
He will send the person that fits in the following features:
- Person working on no-key initiatives: this keep the real priorities aligned.
Person not willing to move: basically the other will want to come back ASAP, and this will promote that a proper solution is found soon. This is risky because the cost can be lower or higher!
- Person that if I do not see during next 6 months, I don’t care: this responds to a personal behavior.
A brief summary of this ecosystem,
Unfortunately the picture does not show how useful is this simple shelf.
There are different vendors that offer applications for Shopify environment. I found this one very useful and easy to install, configure and use.
The instructions are really well documented.
I found this SaaS company, and watching their videos, I wanted to dig into more details.
- They are in the “Marketing Resource Management” magic quadrant.
- Clear pricing tables.
- Task management, resource management, capacity management, Gantt charts, agile project management, workflow automation…
- The solution looks for the major productivity at all levels: in the requirement, design, tasks, plan, quality of the delivery, delays… there is an excellent combination of the Six Sigma principles, combined with SDLC and productivity best practices.
- Look at the list of companies using it.
Magic quadrant: Cloud-Based IT Project and Portfolio Management Services: leaders.
The cover says: “a complete guide for green belts, black belts and managers at all levels”.
I agree, it’s a complete guide for the main aspects of Six Sigma. I have done internal training courses in my company related to Six Sigma: focused on DMAIC, DMADV, DFSS, and other tools.
This book goes in deep in the analysis and the statistical techniques, the courses I did goes more in the direction of understanding the processes and how to apply it.
Both learning initiatives have been complementary.
Four months ago I enrolled the Six Sigma Online course from Aveta Business Institute and I just completed all exams, so now I am Lean/DFSS Green Belt certified
Airbus does around 6000 patents every year. This time, they patented an aircraft with a round space in the middle.
This represents a complete different organization of the passengers, the way the access to the seats, the shape of the food carts, emergency exits…
Expected benefits: save money during the manufacture phase, saving gas…
By the moment is only a patent.
For managing the environments on a software development project we all organize environments and tools to automate the update, deployment, organization of the code within the project.
Some of the more popular tools:
- Eclipse IDE, for writing code.
- Git, as Source Code Management System (SCM) to enable the developers to manage releases of code, etc
, it is a continuous integration application server that watches for code changes from multiple developers working on the same code base. It can automatically build and initiate tests of the code changes. It can also roll-back or roll-forward the code changes.
- Selenium, is a portable software testing framework for web applications. It provides a record/playback tool for authoring tests without learning a test scripting language (Selenium IDE). It also provides a test domain-specific language (Selenese) to write tests in a number of popular programming languages, including Java, C#, Groovy, Perl, PHP, Python and Ruby.
I am trying to configure a multistore on Prestashop 188.8.131.52. I create the new environment, I configure the virtual address and I can hide modules for this specific store. I can also create categories and products.
My issue: I cannot visualize the store, it only shows the top layer. There is not “body” 🙁
I go to module > positions, and all modules are there on each right position.
I enter on the “Run Live Edit” of the theme and it only shows the logo and an 404 error.
any idea about what I should review?
- Follow the user support help document.
- Categories: check at least a couple of them from the root shop.
- Import all modules (you can disable them later).
Select the right theme (in my case this was important thing I was doing wrongly).
We all never know enough about security, so spending a little time looking over this website is always good. It’s common to listen a lot of news about security alerts in the form of newly found vulnerabilities.
DataLossDB has been around for a long time as the data they hold testifies, it is a record of data breaches and losses across the world although being US based the data tends to be biased for that geography. Its primary sources of data are the US government agencies with a responsibility for protecting data and being notified of breaches and the Security industry and wider general press across the world. Using these sources of information they recorded 126 cases of data being lost for the month of October alone.