Some notes I have taken since I have started in my new position about financial activities,
- Don’t wait for the end of the month,
- Don’t assume someone else understands the commercial & financial profile,
- Don’t assume costs come in line with revenue,
- Do understand the pricing model and terms of engagement,
- Understand your labour mix and where it is coming from,
- Understand your 3rd party costs and Capital requirements,
- Use your Finance Business Partner and Commercial leads,
- Read the contracts, talk with commercial about them, know all the details,
any other note?
I have read this interesting post in Mosaic Project’s blog,
Transactional negotiations: “it’s essentially about trading or exchanging ideas, positions or things of value”.
Transformational negotiations: “it’s about creating something new. At the point the parties enter a transformational negotiation they don’t know what the outcome will be. The outcome will be created by jointly melding and building on ideas to create new possibilities that were unthinkable at the start”. They require trust and respect.
Brainstorm meetings can be classified as transformational negotiations, isn’t it?
At the end of the day, each one of the communications, actions, activities you perform is part of a negotiation activity.
It’s supposed we have to invest our daily time in the stuff that supposes to provoke more revenue, but that’s not always true.
I try to apply pareto principle where with 20% of effort I can solve 80% of the problems, the issue is that sometimes we have to dedicate time to the other 20% with low priority 🙁
Today it was a day for this 20% of low priority activities, there were some of them that they were pretending to be more important 😀
Some history to remind,
it was November 1998 when… link
“DuPont is to buy the Herberts coatings operation of Hoechst, replacing US
financial buyout specialist Kohlberg Kravis Roberts
They continually are exceptional:
“DuPont says it has been looking at the Herberts business for several years and feels it is an ‘exceptional’ fit in terms of complementary regional market strengths and technology. DuPont earns 75% of its sales in North America, while Herberts’ sales are 80% European. The aim, says DuPont, will be to forge a global leader in the automotive coatings sector.”
Maintenant je suis en trend de apprendre français.
Mon professeur ma montré ce web:
Il y a beaucoup des exercices : grammaire, écouter, activités…
Il y a aussi Links á autres sites
My notes on a presentation about this product:
- It’s not integrated in the SAP World. You can import/export using csv.
- Standard implementation project is about 3 months.
- CO2 price is part of your cost
- Actions/Menus: Assess, analyse, act, set-up
- Very straight forward and easy to use
- Metrics tons calculated in different units (CO2, CH4, N2O)
- We have reviewed how to add a new activity
- Dashboard, KPIs comparisons, marketing dashboard (9750t CO2 = 27859 Acres or 1352 home electricities)
- There is an european directive, but we still don’t know if there is specific requirements for the different european countries. UK has their own legislation. France has also their own legislation to cover reduction. Both for 2010.
- You can create surveys through the creation of templates and campaigns (send, remind, validates, process, rollback). Templates are customizable.
- You can define consumption reports based in number of employees,
Some other learning:
- CLP: Classification, Labelling & Packaging
- SAP EC: SAP environmental compliance
Yesterday, after a week off I went to spend some time running, just 8 kms, short distance and slow speed.
I used the sportypal and this was the variance between altitude & speed.
just to my remember,
I have down loaded sportypal for the blackberry Curve 8900.
It’s weird that the file you down load from the web is a .COD file, if the file I need is the .ALX
I have found it in another web, I don’t have time to install the blackberry developer environment just to convert the .COD
This is the poor mark I have done today, after 2 weeks sick, 🙁
How you behave during the buying process will be taken as an example of how you will deal with me after I hire you.
For my learning, some reads on Council Directive Seveso II on the control of major-accident hazards involving dangerous substances.
The initiative borned as consequence of the disaster happened in Seveso (Italy).
We are working on a document management solution for covering some reports requested by this directive.