https://www.marinetraffic.com is the type of place where I spend some times navigating and enjoying seeing how the things happen…
Ethviewer.live is the type of visual pages you can view for hours, you learn with the different things that are represented, and enjoy how they move.
Last weekend had the opportunity to discover this place with a group of people that were explaining me the details about:
- How the transactions are validated,
- how the blocks are completed,
- how the nodes are connected and how they are mining.
- why some blocks are discarded and the transactions moved to other blocks.
- how the transactions with more gas are managed with more priority,
To me, to understand the dynamics of a block chain, this is now the best visual reference I know.
Ether is a fundamental cryptocurrency for operation of Ethereum, which thereby provides a public distributed ledger for transactions. It is used to pay for gas, a unit of computation used in transactions and other state transitions.
A wei is a fraction of an ether:
- 1: wei
- 10^3: Kwei
- 10^6: Mwei
- 10^9: Gwei
- 10^12: szabo
- 10^15: finney
- 10^18: ether
Where can I see what miners are accepting?
You can visit https://ethgasstation.info/ and obtain that information from there.
You can also calculate the cost of a transaction (TX) on https://ethgasstation.info/calculatorTxV.php
To have a minimum of security on wordpress the minimum is to keep the environment up to date (majority of updates are security updates), you can scan how secure it is with this library:
Or you can direcly go to a place like this and check it on-line:
There are so many spaces like this that offer short data in the free version and they try to sell you other versions.
Common telecomunications network: open, free and neutral
This is the purpose of Guifi.net, a place where there are so many interconnected routers, lines and individuals sharing their network with a clear purpose: open, free and neutral.
You can see a map where you will see how extended the network is:
In Sevilla there is a cooperative working under the same principles: SevillaGuifi.net
I have been doing some basic maintenance of this wordpress site.
I have updated:
- 14 plugins,
- the wordpress version
- and the PHP version of the server (5.4 to 7.0).
For my poor memory, how to update the PHP version I’m using on CPanel: https://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/php/how-to-change-the-php-version-your-account-uses
This is a 1 hour video, that talks about life, being professional, and security.
I enjoyed it a lot, and I would like to save the link,
New buzzword, at least to me
Flippening is defined as an expected paradigm shift in the world of cryptocurrency, where the values of cryptocurrencies are no longer primarily based on the value of Bitcoin.
If flippening happens, it will mark the end of the absolute dominance and special status that Bitcoin has had in cryptocurrency markets ever since its inception in 2009.
Who can provoke it? Etherium, it’s basically the ecosystem that is growing at a considerable speed to provoke it.
Where can I check how is this evolving? For instance: http://www.flippening.watch/
This page has 2 concerns to me:
- They do not describe how the calculate the numbers they publish.
- They do not provide a graph with the evolution during the time they have measured it.
Do you think that flippening will happen?
The extended concept of flippeting is based on the market capital.
In June 2017 it was closed to happen:
Now, May 2018 the situation is:
If so, when?
I have no clue, but if I have to do a bet I would say that it will happen in Q1 2019. Why? Because there are so many ICOs published with consistent companies behind investing. Not all will survive, but that volume will be the one that will incline the sclale to the other side.
There is another significant flippening that long term investors are looking for
and it is that the number of token-users overcomes the number of token-traders. This article explains very well all the key aspects that will enable some crypto-assets to become long term investment assets.
We are working on a contract renewal with a customer that is driving the process with clear goals and expectations. They want to renew just for 2 years and have a YoY savings of 6%.
We were requested to look into the current solutions, look for improvements and identify transition or transformation projects that enable a new contract with the 6% savings.
We have done the analysis and after that we have done some specific conclusions and a generic conclusion about the situation.
What is the typical cycle of CAPEX investment where you are looking for ROI?
- 5 Years contract.
- Transition & transformations during the first 2 years.
- Positive return in the fith year.
- Consider basic calculation/benefits, I have not added any additional benefit as time to market, or other benefits.
In my analysis I have created simple scenarios:
- Scenario 1: plain scenario, as baseline for comparison (I do not do anything).
- Scenario 2: T&T with 10% on 5 years contract with small YoY reduction.
- Scenario 3: T&T with 10% on 5 years contract with a more agressive YoY reduction.
- When creating T&T programs with specific returns, you require some time to
- T&T should not be more than 10% – 12% of the overall price of your solution.
- In environments where automation is deployed and there are not other major angles to improve, a different approach is required (change of solution with a business case that requires more CAPEX and years to obtain ROI).
- Hidden cost is an obstacle to be competitive.
- In our case, it is mathematically not possible to propose a T&T project to recover the ROI is just 2 years (if you are not removing a clear major issue). The only available approach is to accelerate continuous improvement on the existing services.
Gregorio Hernández Jiménez
ha escrito muchos libros sobre bolsa, este es el segundo que empiezo a leer y el primero que termino, el otro aún lo tengo a medias.
El libro me ha permitido aprender cosas básicas sobre el trading que no sabía, explicación de los indicadores básicos, una guía de como integrar todo y sobre todo unas explicaciones con algunas metáforas muy buenas que son fáciles de recordar.
Todo lo que leí hasta ahora estaba enfocado en trading sobre Forex y cryptomonedas, este está enfocado en stocks, lo cual, combinado con las explicaciones básicas de indicadores me ha resultado muy fructífero en estos momentos.
I have had some conversations about the maturity of the cryptocurrencies market related to the maturity of the companies and how I miss to have the fundamental indicators as you can have for a public company (Revenue, Costs, P/E, balance sheets…).
The companies publishing cyptocurrencies are private companies and they do not have obligation to share this information, but there should be in the future a general consensus about how to valuate their assets, the coins they put in the market.
As everybody can easily figure out, I always has stated that there will be a moment where so many cryptocurrencies will disappear as they do not make sense, and others will survive as they make sense and provide value.
Well, I would like to understand how to valuate them (better before they disappear).
Value… where? on the transaction.
The basic value of a cryptoasset is the value provided to a given transaction. If you perform a transaction via the traditional or existing channel this has a cost, a speed of execution and a given security.
If you execute that transaction through a crytocurrency, is it cheaper? faster? more secure?…
On top of that, the volume of transaction:
- how many of these transactions are happening in the market?
- how many of these transactions are managed through this blockchain environment?
- What are the efforts of the company to attract more transactions to their ecosystem?
I’m a beginner on blockchain and on asset valuations, so I have look for the experts. I found this article written by Chris Burniske, where he explains how to do the valuation (he attaches a nice excel that helps a lot to understand the details).
Each cryptoasset serves as a currency in the protocol economy it supports. Since the equation of exchange is used to understand the flow of money needed to support an economy, it becomes a cornerstone to cryptoasset valuations.
The equation of exchange is MV = PQ, and when applied to crypto my interpretation is:
- M = size of the asset base.
- V = velocity of the asset (shows the number of times an asset changes hands in a given time period).
- P = price of the digital resource being provisioned (price of the cryptocurrency or crytoasset).
- Q = quantity of the digital resource being provisioned
A cryptoasset valuation is largely comprised of solving for M, where M = PQ / V. M is the size of the monetary base necessary to support a cryptoeconomy of size PQ, at velocity V.
- I need to understand better the calculation of the market value.
- Go deep on a real ICO and perform a valuation.
- Understand how to do a token utility calculation.