The work on organizations can be sometimes a completely mess.
I’m working on an initiative to turn this “mess” into a more organized and efficient delivery.
The basic approach we are following is:
- To have a clear, complete and detailed organizational chart.
- Understand what are the governance rules defined by contract with the customer.
- Define role and responsibilities for the different players (using a RACI).
- Communicate the roles, expectations and a defined reporting templates.
- Promote escalations on specific conflicts that could arise, work on these aspects and refine the RACI.
- Prioritize the focus on the major, critical hurdles.
- Work always on practical scenarios, avoid just to define theory.
- Lead by example.
- Promote ITIL, PMI, Six Sigma best practices.
- Repeat the process again and again.
After 1 month of work, results start to show green signals, but we are still RED 🙁