I have this error on my WordPress environment while I’m configuring paypal payments on the Woocommerce environment.
When i do a check out of a product and click on payment. Once the paypal credentials this error is shown:
[INVALID_REQUEST] Request is not well-formed, syntactically incorrect, or violates schema. https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/orders/v2/#error-INVALID_STRING_LENGTH
The Woocommerce log returns this error:
CRITICAL Uncaught Error: Class 'WooCommerce\PayPalCommerce\Compat\PPEC\DeactivateNote' not found in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/joapen.com/store/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-paypal-payments/modules/ppcp-compat/src/class-compatmodule.php:72
- Check with hosting service if there is any connection issue. No apparent issue.
- Check with Paypal support about the issue, and review the configuration of the environment. No apparent issue.
- Check with Woocommerce the error shown above: they replied me that the error is related to a partner, they send the issue to that partner. They do not mention the partner name.
- Who is the partner? Paypal. Their answer is: this security issue is not caused by this plugin, so you will need to figure out what is causing that.
- Check with the hosting service. They point to this class: Class ‘WooCommerce\PayPalCommerce\Compat\PPEC\DeactivateNote’ not found , so I have to comeback to Paypal tomorrow.
- I come back to Paypal support and now the answer is different:
You are right, the PPEC does point to the PayPal plugin, but not our plugin. I believe this points towards the PayPal Express Checkout Plugin. So it would be a good idea to see if anything is left of this plugin on your site. Maybe install/uninstall it to make sure this “DeactivateNote” is created.
So I will remove all paypal plug-ins and I will start from scratch again.
There are 2 plug-ins available:
Paypal support recommends me their plugin ( WooCommerce PayPal Payment) because it will be supported after March 2022. Checkout Payment Gateway is already sunset and the support will end on March 2022.
So I remove all the plug-ins, I remove the sandbox and live configuration in paypal developer and I start from scratch.
Once I configure the whole thing, it works in the sandbox, but it does not work in live.