List to for reading before define requirements:
- Unambiguous: Precise and clear with only one interpretation. Consensus agreement.
- Complete: Every known aspect is described.
- Consistent : No contradictions, uniform terminology used.
- Measurable: In terms of time and cost, can it be estimated? Can it be verified against the implemented solution?
- Testable: Requirements should be quantifiable.
- Traceable: Must be able to track from project inception to delivery.
- Design-free: “What” not “How.”
- Understandable: Able to be understood by non-technical customers, system users and developers.