Reduce TCO again as reason to perform actions on a system. This is the reason to move from Unix to Linux.
I learned about the project approach, and it’s already industrialized:
- Deliver the profile parameters of SAP environment.
- Export data using the export SAP standard R3Load.
- Request the software SAP (same version as original one).
- Creation of a new SAP environment on Linux.
- Import data using the standard SAP R3Load.
- UAT: check that the information on the source environment is the same to the target environment.
You only need to look at the SUSE’s slogan: “The Leading platform for SAP Solutions on Linux”
- 70% reduction in TCO.
- 99,99% mission critical availability.
- 60% performance improvement.