Management of Intellectual property (IP)
There are several valuation methods but the lack of standard type of valuations have negative impact in the efficiency to trade with IP; hence this has negative impact on the I+D researchs.
Lack of a standard set of methods for the valuations, but!
there are other standards provided by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
WIPO is leading the definition of all aspects of IP, one of the areas of WIPO (there are others as patents, trade marks, industrial design…). There are so much advance on these topics and it’s an industry itself.
- All relevant countries are associated with WIPO.
- WIPO Standards on Industrial Property Information and Documentation.
- WIPO Pearl: WIPO’s multilingual terminology portal gives access to scientific and technical terms derived from patent documents.
- Global Design Database: enables free, simultaneous searches of more than 1,760,000 industrial designs registered under the WIPO-administered Hague System and/or in participating national collections.
- ROMARIN – International Trademark Search. It allows you to search detailed information on all international marks registered under WIPO’s Madrid System.
I miss a section where they provide training and certification services. The standarization of the knowledge and the existence of a certification program enable companies to acquire the knowledge at their level. This would also give to the WIPO more visibility into the corporate business world.