Ethviewer.live is the type of visual pages you can view for hours, you learn with the different things that are represented, and enjoy how they move.
Last weekend had the opportunity to discover this place with a group of people that were explaining me the details about:
- How the transactions are validated,
- how the blocks are completed,
- how the nodes are connected and how they are mining.
- why some blocks are discarded and the transactions moved to other blocks.
- how the transactions with more gas are managed with more priority,
To me, to understand the dynamics of a block chain, this is now the best visual reference I know.
Ether is a fundamental cryptocurrency for operation of Ethereum, which thereby provides a public distributed ledger for transactions. It is used to pay for gas, a unit of computation used in transactions and other state transitions.
A wei is a fraction of an ether:
- 1: wei
- 10^3: Kwei
- 10^6: Mwei
- 10^9: Gwei
- 10^12: szabo
- 10^15: finney
- 10^18: ether
Where can I see what miners are accepting?
You can visit https://ethgasstation.info/ and obtain that information from there.
You can also calculate the cost of a transaction (TX) on https://ethgasstation.info/calculatorTxV.php