I want to remember some basic commands I used while configuring the network on my laptop.
I install the network tools typing:
sudo apt install net-tools
See the name of the network typing:
I start up the network typing:
sudo ifconfig nameOfNetwork up
Operation not possible due to RF-kill
This command shows the devices availability status:
sudo rfkill list all
sudo lshw -class network
you can take note of the driver name:
driver = iwl3945
Important, check that the physical wireless button of the Lenovo is “ON”
To be able to configure to Wavlink WN519N2 Wi-Fi Repeater, you have to:
Plug in the electricity,
- Press reset.
- Connect to the Wavlink wifi that is available.
- Enter in http://ap-setup.com/ (or http://192.168.10.1)
- Enter default password “admin”
- Enter into the “Repeater” wizard
- Select the Wifi you want to connect and enter the password and the name of the repeater.
- Connect to this new wifi net.
- Select “Wifi” to set-up the network.
- Change the password of your network
- Enter into the http://ap-setup.com/ again and set-up a new password for the admin.