This post is very boring, there are just questions and no answers.
I will start with 2 questions:
- Which problem of my organization is the right one that investing on Machine Learning solution I will capture valuable return?
- What are the features of a problem that makes it the appropriate one for a ML solution?
For question #1, I do not have an answer. For question #2 I learned some suggestions from book Enterprise Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Managers.
- The problem are tractable with a reasonable scope and solution times.
- Unlock sufficient business value and can be operationalized so you can capture the value.
- Address ethical considerations.
Other secondary questions:
- Do we have enough data to track the problem?
- Do we know the economic value of the problem?
- Can we measure the performance of the business function where we pretend to apply the Machine Learning solution with respect a baseline?
- Do we have data sets that are fair?
- Does have our potential solution the right balance with between fairness and bias?
- Did we take into account potential safety issues?
- Can the solution approach being explainable?
- Is the solution approach transparent and easily understandable?
- What is the advantage of using a Machine Learning solution instead of another solution?
- Can we classify different issues or business cases in terms of priority?
- Do the different business cases have relation with others?