Every time I visit NYC there are two things that are on my to-do list.
The first one is looking for shoes as here there are more options than at home.
The second one is to visit a book store and spend there at least 2 – 3 hours. In my bag there is always a reserved space for books and it is very difficult to me to make decisions about which books not to buy.
One book I was reviewing yesterday was “what is the color of your parachute?”. Now it’s in my mind, but yesterday it did not pass the last round.
The book basically talks about how to look for a new job.
One of the things I like from the book is the organized list of tips, and the concept of “the flower”, 7 concepts with the idea of having the main questions when looking for a change on a piece of paper. You basically have to reply to these questions in order of priority for you:
- What are your values, goals and purposes?
- What are the special knowledge you want to use on these organizations?
- What are your transferable skills that can be useful for them?
- The characteristics that the environment and the people should have.
- Essential working conditions.
- What is the level of responsibility and salary you want?
- Where do you want to work?