This is a checklist of things to review once just before and after the market is opened.
Before market opens (9:15 ET)
- Check S&P and Nasdaq futures indexes.
- Previous day closing, Market breadth check, McClellan indicator.
- How is Europe going on? Check DAX.
- Check DIX and GEX Index in squeeemeetrics, from previous day.
- EUR/USD trend.
- Any major news to take into account?
After market opens (9:35 ET)
- Check S&P trend in comparison with the futures.
- Check the swing portfolio.
- Check the potential new longs I have in the list.
Out of hours
- Read quarterly files.
- Review list of candidates
- Read the next chapter of a book.
- Set target purchase price on notebook.
- Check swing screen on swing stocks.