I’m evaluating some solutions for and online store, and the first step is to define a requirements checklist:
1.- General overview & look
- Frame of the main screen can be adapted.
- Ability to change layouts.
- Ability to add widgets.
2.- Product form, product classification & product representation
- Check the aspect of the views of products.
- Check the aspect of the product sheet: magnifying glass.
- Ability to decrease number of products.
- Ability to add features to the products: size, color, model…
3.- Purchase process
- Notifications for the buyer in each one of the steps given by the purchaser: you have bought, you have paid, your package has been sent.
- Availability to define discount patterns with different options.
- Offer methods of payments.
- Flexible currency availability.
- Flexible tax assignment.
- User can purchase as anonymous or as user.
- Check the inventory before sell.
- Check the minimum levels required.
- Warn administrator when inventory reach a minimum.
5.- Visualization of products
- Show products: latest, most sold, newest, featured, searchable.
- Ability to visualize the products in different ways.
- Main page configurable.
- Different type of layouts.
6.- IT requirements
- Extended platform with a strong community.
- Payments plugins.
- Connection through https.
- available templates
- Outstanding SEO engine
- Multi-language availability
- A solution that the enable the addition of modules or plug-ins