I will be trying to work on specific analysis of companies using a way that I use to have on a paper. The format on the paper is a little bit messy because of the notes are added when I found some news. But the idea is to formalize a little bit that format, which is a combination of project management and Wardley maps structure.
This post is trying to organize the bullets, notes and ideas that I would like to add on it.
What does not contain the deck?
- It does not contain a brief history of the company or basic information of it.
- It does not contain the fundamental data of the company or other financial ratios. The reason is because I do that part with tradingview. If you are interested on this you can find here an indicator that I have created to check all that side of the end to end analysis.
What does contain the deck?
- Overview of the Profit & Loss or revenue statement: the purpose is to understand the revenue per segment of the company.
- Map with the main business units.
- “to pay attention” is the deck where I cover risks, opportunities and aspects that I should take care.
- Other specific maps on areas or ways they play the game.
- A review of doctrines that I can identify as consumer or citizen.
I will start reviewing Alphabet ($GOOG), then I will be adapting the format to a more matured one.