I was looking for an useful book about how to approach a negotiation. I found this one: start with no by Jim Camp.
Some notes taken while I have read:
- You don’t need to close this deal,
- You “want”, you don’t “need”,
- Don’t worry about rejection,
- Do “cold” calls no “hot” calls,
- Negotiation never ends,
- Take care with “non profitable” activities,
- Think on behaviour and forget the results,
- Focus on what you can control: yourself.
- People who hire a consultor and pay it work harder, it’s a fact. Money is equivalent to compromise.
- You don’t need to reason out with the other part, you have to create a vision on the other part. An easy way? with good questions,
- Never do a question that removes the right to say “no”.
- Who does take decisions? Look for them,
- Prepare your check list and your goals, after the meeting, take more notes and do a resume.