- You have to reassess the current conditions of an application and decide if to enhance it or remove it.
- You decide to retire an application in order to minimize the cost.
- You need to renew an application for keeping it flexible or to perform functional needs.
- You have an application (probably key) that you need to redevelop to minimize risks, improve structural capabilities or increase functional capabilities.
- Is the application easy to use? easy to learn?
- Does it well with the way work is done?
- Does it cover all the needed functionality?
- Does it help us to be productive and efficient?
- Can be easily adapted by the user to meet evolving requirements?
- Are the technical conditions the right ones?
- Is the application support cheap/expensive?
It requires a lot of knowledge in terms of the customer and end user vision.
I work a lot on this point of view in order to do not fail in the “IT geek” perspective.