Following-up merge and acquisitions done by DuPont
- March: DuPont acquires Pioneer, $7.7 Billion
- January: DuPont Acquires Enzyme Maker Danisco for $5.8 Billion. Danisco produces and sells food ingredients and industrial bioproducts primarily in Europe, North America, Latin America, and the Asia.
- July: DuPont acquires Innovalight. Innovalight develops silicon ink, licensed to solar cell manufacturers
- May: DuPont Acquires Full Ownership of Solae: soy-based ingredients, Bunge owned the remaining 28%. Solae™ soy-based ingredient solutions help create nutritious, great-tasting products with a unique combination of functional, nutritional.
- August: DuPont sells DuPont Professional Products (insecticide business) to Syngenta, $125m.
- February: DuPont sells DPC to Carlyle, $4.9 billion.
- August: Trian buys 0,6% DuPont shareholders. Trian closed their positions in Heinz, and keeps Mondelez.
- October: DuPont to spin off,
- November: DuPont sells Glass Laminating Solutions to Kuraray, $543m.
- February: DuPont sells Sontara to Jacob Holm, ¿$xxx?
- May: DuPont Considering Alternatives To Spinning Off Its Performance Chemicals Business.
- August: DuPont sells to Borealis the 2/3 of the JV of Specialty Polymers Antwerp.
- October: Trian says they own 2,7% of DuPont.
- December: DuPont sells Neoprene business to Denka, ¿$xxx?. Denka is 70% by Denki Kagaku Kogyo (Denka; Tokyo) and 30% by Mitsui & Co.
- January: DuPont to Sell Theater Business After Trian Criticism.
- April: DuPont buys microbiome firm (Crop Protection) at roughly $2billion.
- April: Dupont acquires Taxon Biosciences. Taxon Biosciences develops microbial structures for transformative apps in the agriculture, life sciences, and oil and gas industries.
- May: Nice Video that explains the DuPont-Trian battle. Trian Issues Open Letter to DuPont Stockholders.
- July: DuPont completes the spin-off: welcome Chemours.
- November: DuPont and Dow Chemical announce the merge of the organizations to align the business in 3 different business units.
- March: DuPont/Dow receives conditional approval from European Commission to go ahead with the merge.
- March: Dupont acquires FMC Health and Nutrition. FMC Health and Nutrition manufactures healthier nutritious food and beverages for consumers (1.6B$).
- August: Dupont acquires Granular. Granular is a software and analytics platform that helps farmers operate more efficiently and make better business decisions (300M$)
- DuPont and Dow will split in 3 companies:
- DuPont: bio-science technologies.
- Corteva: Agriculture services.
- Dow: traditional chemical business (mainly Dow, as DuPont separated the main assets during the Chemours deal).
- DuPont and Dow completes in June the separation in DuPont, Dow and Corteva.
- DuPont sells the Nutrition business to International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF) for 26.2B$. The Nutrition business contains Danisco, Solae, Genencor (comes from original Dow).
- December: Dupont acquires OxyMem. OxyMem solves OPEX intensive wastewater treatment with the Membrane Aerated Biofilm Reactor. Adds capacity in days, up to 75% energy savings.
- December: Dupont acquires Desalitech. Desalitech develops reverse osmosis systems, providing an efficient and cost-effective water supply and wastewater treatment solution.