Some notes for reminding when you are dancing with your customer procurement department.
- This is pure negotiation, there is not IT or project logic at this point. There are conditions and a transaction in place.
- The customer IT lead that requested you the offer, is not the decision maker for a while. He will be asked by procurement to give other vendor alternatives, to make pressure before to send them the offer, but his/her voice is just listened sometimes.
- Your offers have expiration dates.
- Your offers contain Local Service Agreements and are aligned with the existing MSA.
- Your commercial lead is always in the loop of calls, e-mails…
- They have their rules, you have yours, follow them, do not accept what is not acceptable,
There are thousand of more things to remind, any suggestion?