This is the third chapter of a learning process that started last September.
The fourth step is defined for the next 3 months, where the main goal is to retake the back-testing and work more adjusted to a given analysis. I will also continue trading manually so I continue learning on the market momentum.
Following the V2MOM model:
- Vision: Have a strategy running in crypto currency market running not with a period of 2 – 3 hours, but some days (stop operating at 3m).
- Values: have fun, learn a lot, build a team with Dani, do practices and more practices.
- Method: learn about trading basis, do backtesting with Quantopian on stocks or Forex (analyze the results in deep).
- Obstacles: Time.
- Make short/long decisions based on 3 hour.
- Perform backtesting with Tradingview and document the results and findings.
- Improve and document the “mode operations” and “mode backtesting”.
Death line = September 2018
Results (October 1st, 2018)
- Time to be accountable, let’s go…
- I was able to perform a lot of trading during July and part of August.
- During July I was able to earn in the total period a 33% of the money I moved. The market was plain and I was able to take profit without major rirsks.
- The evolution of the market (bear) during August made me to be stuck inside, so almost all money was trapped.
- I was not able to work on Quantopian.
- I was able to apply the knowledge on stocks, and I did some shorts and long positions during August and September.
- I have refined my mode of operations and analysis in Stock.
- I improved the mode of operations and the mode of backtesting.
For next period, I will focus on other challenge: PgMP certification.