UIPath offers a community version of their RPA solution with the ability of building your own robots, and an environment to implement them.
RPA Starter + local tests
I have tried to see how it works. So create an user, download the developer GUI, complete “RPA Starter” course.
The tool is very complete and there are a lot of ways to learn, from the theory to the real situations you want to automate. There are different communities and forums to enable the different roles on automation to interact and learn from others.
The simple tests you can do are easy to perform and check.
The funding series of UIPath
- In August 2015, UiPath closed an initial seed funding round of US$1.6 million led by the Earlybird Venture Capital, with Credo Ventures and Seedcamp as backers.
- In April 2017, UiPath received $30 million investment in one of the biggest Series A rounds of funding in Europe, led by Accel. Previous investors Earlybird Venture Capital, Credo Ventures and Seedcamp also joined.
- On March 6, 2018, UiPath received a $153 million investment from Accel, CapitalG, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, valuing the company at $1.1 billion.
- On September 18, 2018, UiPath raised $225 million in the funding round led by CapitalG and Sequoia Capital at a $3 billion valuation.
- On April 30th, 2019, UiPath raised $568 million in a series D round of funding led by hedge fund Coatue Management, with participation from Alphabet’s CapitalG, Sequoia, Accel, Madrona Venture Group, IVP, Dragoneer, Wellington, Sands Capital, and funds advised by T. Rowe Price & Associates. The company also now claims a valuation of $7 billion.
- To be continued (IPO comming??)