Some lines extracted from The handbook of Program Management by James T Brown.
- Stakeholder management involves everything necessary to control relationships with all individuals the program impacts or affects in order to ensure the achievement of program objectives.
- Program managers must mentor & coach projects managers in terms of stakeholder management.
- “Hell hath no fury like a stakeholder scorned”.
- The goal of precommunicating is to eliminate any possibility the stakeholder will surprised by something at the milestone review.
- Program & Project Managers need to champion and lead their project and not to be intimidated by a stakeholder’s position of authority.
- Program managers should check up on how well project managers are doing their projects. This quality check should be informed to the project managers from the begining.