This year 3 my goal is to focus on the swing trading and the acquisition of knowledge and experience on this type of trading.
The ideal swings will take only days (no in-day trading at this minute).
Year 3, Quarter 1
As usual these are the goals for this quarter, following the V2MOM model:
- Vision: organize the trading activities under a framework and specific commands that enable me to long and short stocks. Manage the portfolio of money based on Automatic trading principles.
- Values: have fun, learn a lot, do practices and more practices.
- Method: learn about specific trading tactics, learn about the context of the market and finance fundamentals.
- Obstacles: Time.
- Read 2 books.
- 3 podcasts listened every week, this will be a total of around 39 hours of podcasts.
- have a tactic plan.
- Read at least 13 earning reports.
- Keep track of the portfolio in a weekly basis.
- Avoid in-day trading.
Death line = 31/March/2020
Results (April, 2020)
- Read 2 books.
- The new trading for a living (Alexander Elder).
- Fail, I was not able to complete the second book.
- 3 podcasts listened every week, this will be a total of around 39 hours of podcasts = 42 hours.
- have a tactic plan: done.
- Read at least 13 earning reports (done).
- Exxon (XOM)
- Simon Property Group (SPG)
- DuPont (DD)
- Corteva (CTVA)
- Unum Group (UNM)
- Google (GOOG)
- Microsoft (MSFT)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY)
- Hanes Brands Inc (HBI)
- T Rowe Price (TROW)
- Lyft (LYFT)
- Johnson & Johnson
- General Mills (GIS)
- Keep track of the portfolio in a weekly basis = done
- Avoid in-day trading = not achieved.