A change of content
I feel I need to rest of the financial investing journey I’m doing. I have been thinking about an alternative and I found out that I have a Raspberry Pi in a box that I have still not used. So for this quarter I will try to learn about what can I do with it.
A friend that is going to help me with the Raspberry told me that it will not take so much time, so I should look for other things to learn. I’m not sure about it, but let’s start with something and let’s look for another initiative, just in case.
The alternative learning thread will be focused on Wardley maps. I have used for a long time (I started with them in 2013), and I have the feeling that in the Spanish word it does not have more impact because the language is still a high barrier for some people. I have been thinking about it since some while ago: it’s to translate Wardley maps content into Spanish.
Year 3, Quarter 3
As usual these are the goals for this quarter, following the V2MOM model:
For the Raspberry Pi:
- Vision: start using the Raspberry Pi.
- Values: have fun, learn a lot, do practices and more practices.
- Method: set it up, find a couple of use cases and make them work.
- Obstacles: Time.
- Install OS on Raspberry PI.
- To have a couple of use cases that are implemented at home: pi-hole and another one to be defined.
For the Wardley maps translation:
- Vision: have a place with Wardley maps content in Spanish.
- Values: have fun, learn the details of the different chapters published.
- Method: set up a place,translate and adapt the content when required, publish some of the maps I did.
- Obstacles: Time.
- Build a place to document about Wardley maps.
- To have at least 5 chapters ready for publishing.
- Complete the initial content of the website.
- Add at least 3 maps I have done to Spanish.
Death line = 30/September/2020
Results (October, 2020)
- Raspberry PI.
- Install OS on Raspberry PI (not done).
- Pi-hole up and running (not done).
- and another one to be defined (not done).
- Wardley maps (specific updates here (in Spanish) ).
- Build a place to document about Wardley maps (done).
- To have at least 5 chapters ready for publishing (done, 18 chapters completed of a total of 19).
- Complete the initial content of the website (done).
- Add at least 3 maps I have done to Spanish (done).
So basically I completed the Wardley Maps goal in the right way, thanks to the right focus I had on it, but I completely failed on the Raspberry PI side.
As an extra, I completed a set of training courses for renewing my PMP certification.