The purpose of this post is to learn about how OpenAI is growing now that they are scaling their solutions. I will use data from the careers section to try to figure out how they are organized.
- OpenAI Security organization, works to ensure our diverse team of researchers, engineers, and staff have the tools they need to work comfortably, securely, and with minimal interruptions.
- IT team works to ensure our diverse team of researchers, engineers, and staff have the tools they need to work comfortably, securely, and with minimal interruptions.
- Go-to-Market team is responsible for empowering developers and enterprises to build scalable, enterprise-ready production applications with the OpenAI API.
- OpenAI’ s Legal team navigates futuristic, foundational legal issues in AI. Composed by technology lawyers.
- OpenAI Finance, runs finance.
- The Applied AI Research team works on innovative solutions to solve practical real-world problems with direct impact on users of the OpenAI API.
- The Human Data Team is focused on empowering AI teachers to train OpenAI’s models to solve complex problems in order to provide value to humanity.
- The Deployment Planning team’s mandate is to build tools and conduct research that equip OpenAI to prepare for safe and successful deployment of increasingly advanced AI.
- OpenAI’ s Scaling team operates at the far edge of all available innovations in AI — doing the engineering and research required to harness custom-built hyperscale supercomputers, the latest algorithmic improvements, and massive datasets to train AI models of unprecedented capability.
- The Applied team safely brings OpenAI’s technology to the world. We released the GPT-3 API and Codex, which powers GitHub’s Copilot and most recently, ChatGPT.
- The OpenAI Alignment Team’s research goal is to make machine learning models that are honest and helpful to humans.
- The Programming Assistant Team is building a next generation of tools for programmers and knowledge workers leveraging our state of the art programming and conversational models.
- U.S. Policy and Partnerships Team, develop strategies and lead OpenAI’s public policy engagement in the United States, including developing and managing relationships with policymakers at the federal, state and local levels.
- The Platform Abuse team protects OpenAI’s products from abuse. As a technical safety analyst, you will be responsible for discovering and mitigating new types of misuse, and scaling our detection techniques and processes.